Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Our blog is basically our baby book for our kids. I am not a crafty person or a scrapbooker or a journaler if that's a word. So this is what we do for them and also to remind us of things when they happen. So I try to be thorough on the blog for that reason. Just in case anybody is ever wondering why we have such random information sometimes.

Last night was a clear night. Matt has a telescope, so he got it out and was looking at the moon. Pretty cool! He thought Jack would like to see it, too. So Jack got up on the stool to look through it and says, "That's nice. I have to go make a call now." There's a very cool attached remote, so Jack got down and got on the "phone" and said, "This is a one man show." Half the time I don't know what he is talking about, but it's funny when he takes phrases from everything he hears. I guess Lightning McQueen says that.

Today he tells me, "I know my numbers." Oh? What are they? "J.....and.....J...." J and J? "No, J....and...G....and....E..." The thing is he DOES know numbers AND letters. I guess it all gets confusing sometimes. Getting the right word is kind of tough!

Also today at the park, his friend says, "Hi Jack!" I said, "Say hi." He says, "I'm shy." A little too late to say that. I know the truth! Later I said, "You are not shy. You say hi to your friends." He says, "I'm confused." Confused? "No, I'm happy." Sometimes as a parent, you just say OK! Otherwise, it could go on and on forever!

I am an organized person and like everything in its place. But there is a small secretive part of me that likes the fact that I can have everything completely clean and picked up and I will ALWAYS find another car or truck or random toy that was hiding somewhere. Someday he will be gone, and there will be no toys to find! And then I will be SO SAD!

Being an organized person, I also like lists. It's fun crossing things off my list. The bad thing about being a list person is that sometimes your kids come after the "list". So I have decided to (mentally at least) put them at the top. Hug Jack and Ava. Read to Jack and Ava. Sing to Jack and Ava....

No comments: