Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ava's little personality

My favorite new thing about Ava is that she tries to hold her pacifier in with her fist. It's so cute!

I like that she "talks" to me, and I like that I can understand her. I really can!

I love her reddish brown hair and beautiful deep blue eyes. I hope she keeps both of those features.

She is pretty laidback overall. She still loves her pacifier. Jack didn't like to be held if you were just sitting. He wanted you to be going somewhere, and he could tell very young! Ava doesn't mind what you do, but she likes variety. She will be comfortable in one position and then after a few minutes like a change. And if she gets uncomfortable, she lets you know until you help her!

She does have a demanding cry sometimes, but for the most part when you pick her up, she turns it into a distressed cry. She's already figured out how to be a damsel in distress!

She doesn't take full naps regularly, just catnaps here and there. But she is sleeping through the night mostly now. So anything else is fine with me. She is a very light sleeper though like me, so sometimes the slightest touch - also very ticklish like me! - or sound wakes her up although we were at McDonalds the other day and the fire alarm went off and she slept right through it, so who knows?

She had a very sad, painful cry after her shots. Very hard to hear! I felt like such a traitor. And Jack didn't like it either. When I picked her up, she started telling me all about it. Very sad "talking". I remember Jack immediately took a bottle and quit crying after the first yelp.

She always keeps her hands tightly closed and gets "jam" in them. Maybe that's normal, but I just didn't remember that from Jack.

Ava also is very responsive to us. She quiets down with music and talking for the most part. Jack was a fussy baby for whatever reason, so it's nice that he grew out of that.

Ava is a better eater, but also has some trouble with digestion. Watch what you're wearing because it might come up! And she still hiccups after nearly every meal. Jack would hardly burp.

I guess all of this is "normal" according to Dr. Trudie Sprenkle or as I like to call her Truly Scrumptious. She is such a cute and nice tiny little lady. With a name like that, she probably didn't have a choice but to do something with kids!

No comments: