Friday, September 17, 2010

Life is good!

Fall is nearly here and certainly feels like it. I love it and hope it lasts three months! Ava is sleeping through the night more often and is almost 2 months old so is starting to "talk" and smile more. I remember when Jack hit 2 months, and it was fun! I love the interacting and the more the better! I am feeling good, more normal, especially now that we're dieting and just enjoying our little family.

We always ask Jack what he learned in Sunday School or junior church and rarely understand what he is trying to say, but lately he will pop out with surprising things like, "one another be kind". And he'll name all his friends while talking to himself and say, "Share with Lexi, share with Tonio, help Madison...." I really want to raise kids that are a blessing to others, and not kids that people avoid. So this warms my heart.

I had one of those mom moments in Walmart the other day in which Jack had to go to the bathroom in the middle of grocery shopping, and Ava started screaming. I left my cart with one of the cashiers, took them both to the bathroom, came back and finished my shopping even though Ava wasn't happy about it. Nothing I did made her happy. I got lots of looks like, "Why aren't you taking care of that baby?" I felt like I should wear a sign saying I had tried everything possible at that time! Anyway, we got out to the car, and she was fine of course. Maybe she was just ready to leave Walmart. I sure was! And once I checked out, the cashier helped me by quickly checking my groceries and packing all my bags in the cart. But in the middle of it while Ava was screaming, I told Jack to please be quiet because I was having a hard time with the shopping and her screaming; and he didn't say another word and just sat there quietly until I finished. He got the best kid award that day. I keep telling him how much he helps me because he really does!

What a blessing to see Chris, Alicia, and the kids on Skype the other day! I needed that since we can't be there in person. Love love love you guys so much! And I miss the kids and seeing them grow up. Plus it was fun to show off Ava and Jack.

So we are going to have a busy fall, I think. Lots of church things coming up with Awana starting and retreats and Ladies Fellowship and all kinds of good things. I am very appreciative of these things since we love church work. But since Matt is busy working 3rd shift and we're both busy with church, we are enjoying our family time when we get it. It's never enough!

No comments: