Saturday, November 2, 2013

Kids Update

Ava has been teaching herself songs and poems that Jack has learned in school.  It's so fun to see her really work hard on those things.  She is also quick to jump up and perform so far too.  I love this stage!  We have taken a few videos, so will try to get some on here.  

She is making progress with the potty training!  Woohoo!  I wondered for a while if I would be able to say that.  But I think something is starting to click, so that's a relief!  She is also stepping up and trying to dress herself; she can buckle herself usually; and wants to do everything herself.  So these are good signs to me that progress is being made.  

One mommy note I have noticed is that Jack doesn't need the little hangers for his clothes anymore.  They hang fine on the bigger hangers.  Aww!  So Jack I feel is on his way out of my favorite stage, and Ava is on her way in.  Of course, they're my two favorite kids in the whole world, so each stage will be special because they are.  But I just love that excitement of learning new things and still learning how to say certain words.  No loose teeth yet though!  And still lots of funny moments.  He still calls watermelon "lemonade" for some reason, but now he corrects himself.  I'm enjoying each stage and trying to take mental pictures of it all so I don't forget.  But that's why we do this blog.  

No comments: