Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My couch saga

We have had 4 couches in our house in the last two weeks.  We started with this one given to us years ago by my parents. I have loved it so much and really never wanted to get rid of it. But when I started sinking in it regularly and Matt had done all he could, we figured it was time to look for a different one.  
So then this one was given to us.  It had some cat scratches that we were able to blend in and while I liked the look of it, it was a little more formal than I was thinking.  
Then we had an opportunity to get this one for a great deal.  We only had it for two days, so I didn't even take a picture of it in our house.  I told Matt this is a good choice for the money we have, but someday I want a Pottery Barn one.  Sort of joking since I would never spend $2000 on a couch.  Ha.  Well, God heard me...
And we found this one for the exact amount we spent on the other one.  Actually, $2 less!  Pottery Barn, exact style I always wanted from the showroom, the color I wanted, and SOOO SOFT!  I can't stop staring at it, and I love relaxing on it.  What a personal love gift from the Lord!  He does care about every detail of our lives.  A couch has no eternal value, but it is a physical sign to me of the real blessing - my relationship with Him. 

No comments: