Monday, April 7, 2014

Developments

Jack lost his 2nd tooth Friday while having lunch.  I'm surprised he didn't swallow it since he was taking a drink and it just fell out. He got $2 and spent it at a rummage sale on Saturday.  The first of many this season (I hope)!

Also he wanted the training wheels off his bike so Matt took them off, and he's doing pretty well already!  I guess it was time.  

Best for last - he will be baptized Easter night!  I'm excited to see this growth in him.  And I'm excited most of the family will be coming to share it with us.  We are blessed to have several others also being baptized that night so are looking forward to a special time for our church.  

Ava is really getting tall and growing out of her size 3 clothes.  Wow that happened fast!  But I guess she will be 4 in a few months so it was bound to happen.  

Both kids have been very cuddly lately for whatever reason.  I'm not sure why, but I'm ok with it!  There's so many things to work on and so many things I could do better, but I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be their mom and to love them.  

I'm very excited to have started volunteering at Twelve Baskets, a thrift store related to Options Pregnancy here in town. My job is to go through the donated linens and decide what to keep and to organize the linen shelf in the store.  I've gone twice, and I have really enjoyed it already.  The goal is to be able to interact with the other girls who are working there and hopefully be an encouragement to them. I'm not sure what all God has planned for this ministry, but I'm excited about it. 

We've been enjoying a few nicer days and can't wait until it's the norm!  It already seems like we have so much planned for the summer.  I guess when you are stuck inside for 8 months at a time, you have to get it all in when you can!  I can't wait!  
Here's pictures including some play dates we've had recently.







No comments: