Friday, October 26, 2012

A day off!

It's nice to have a day off today. We slept in and have all day to get ready for our busy weekend. We have Matt's ordination council and lunch tomorrow while Jack has an Awana activity. Then Sunday is the ordination service in the afternoon with cake and the family over afterwards. I'm excited for Matt and looking forward to hearing him talk about the Bible. I know he will be great. It's an exciting time for us!

In other news, Ava is singing a lot and now sings "BIBIB" and yells "Bible". That's the only part she knows of the B-I-B-L-E. I really wish I could just video her all of the time now because I know it's so easy to forget all of these cute things they say and her little voice. She also likes to "pay" before we eat. And she makes sure everyone is doing it! While at my parents the other night, Aunt Bek apparently wasn't "paying", so in the middle of the prayer, Ava said, "Bekah, pay!" And she did! Finally someone is getting Aunt Bek in line!

Jack is doing great in school and Awana. He loves both. He can recognize and write all the letters - whew that happened fast! - and is starting to understand about how they work together to make words. He's working hard on not losing all of his marbles every day. He gets to go to the Dollar Tree if he gets 2 or under taken away. So he got to do that twice this week. He is also anxious to get there early so he can have play time before school. Apparently there's one cowboy hat, and he has to race Joshua to get it every time. It was funny the other day when we arrived at the same time as Joshua, and Jack didn't stop to say hi, just sprinted into school to get the hat. Priorities!

He also loves his Sparks teacher and group and working in his book. He's still very energetic at the end of the day, but that makes him Jack I guess. I wouldn't mind a little tiredness, but that's just because I'm tired by that time and can't keep up. I think I was a little afraid of the change in our lives, but progress is always good! And it's exciting to see God working in all of us. I could use a little more work, but I'm glad He doesn't give up on me!

No comments: