Monday, May 24, 2010

Ava's room

So we have consolidated Matt's office, taken off wallpaper and painted, moved in Ava's things, and this is where we are so far. She is so spoiled! Jack loves her bed and wearing her hats. He has been so excited about everything we are doing for her which helps. I hope that continues! There are still a couple of things to do such as hanging stuff on the wall and maybe getting a rug or something for the floor which is red old carpet. But overall, I am happy with the results. It took a good 2 weeks in which our house was a mess. Matt said it was okay since she's not coming for a while; but I said, "I can't relax with the house this way, and I need to relax before she comes!" I hope it is not indicative of how difficult she is going to be, but most kids have their difficulties, right? Jack's room was so easy, and he's not always easy.

So we have done all we can do at this point, and it is better than it was; so there you go. I do love the yellow. We were able to find some great deals on Craig's List since most everything in the pictures is either from there or a garage sale or something I had already. But thanks, Mom and Dad, for indulging your little girl and investing in your granddaughter's bed and bedding! She will love it, I'm sure, and will be able to use it for a few years anyway. Eight weeks until she gets to use it! Can't wait!

So all of her clothes are clean and ready for use, and today I will be cleaning all of the equipment (swing, carseat, etc.) that has been in storage. So we should be ready for her by next week! HA



No comments: