Monday, May 3, 2010

11 Weeks!

11 weeks to go until Ava will make her appearance. Looking forward to her being here! I recently got an urge to decorate Jack's room (too much HGTV, I guess), so here are some pictures. I am happy with how it turned out, and all we really did was paint, new curtains, rearranged and consolidated. I packed away his baby stuff and now let him have his games (his big boy stuff!) in his room. He must like it because he kept saying how beautiful his room was. And it didn't even take 2 full days of working on it. So I was inspired to continue and redo the study, but Matt says this is all for now. Little by little, I guess. I don't know if these are the best pictures, but I just stood in each corner and took one. I don't feel like it got everything, but oh well. You can get an idea. The first one is from the door.



So a couple of funny Jack sayings lately:
Yesterday, it was too quiet, so I said, "Jack? What are you doing?" "Nuffin'" "No, what are you doing?" "Just relaxin'." And he was! Just lying on the floor in his room. HA
He's very independent which makes me proud and sometimes sad, so one Sunday I was actually going with him to Jr. Church because I was supposed to help; and he said, "You don't need to come, Mommy." Oh well!
In other news...we've been having some great services at church. God is working in our church, and we seem to be growing both spiritually and in numbers! What a blessing! We now have close to 20 members in our Homestarters Sunday School class which means lots more kids running around our church, and I just love it. There's at least 20 small kids now for Jack to grow up with and eventually be in the youth group with. So that is very exciting! But in the meantime, we are starting a playdate in the park this week in which the moms and their kids can meet once a week and visit and play. This could turn into more of a ministry, but right now we are excited about this fun thing to do for the summer. We found a great park close to the church that is semi-secluded, so we are looking forward to this. I always try to catch up with all of the moms; and since there are so many now, this will be an easier way to do it. So far, they seem to be interested; so we'll see how it goes.

No comments: