Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ava's room updated...

Ava's first outfit - She will be getting pictures done in this.

I'm proud of my garage sale finds! Lamp $1, small shelf free (Jack's idea to put her shoes from Chris and Alicia on there), changing table $5 (brand new Graco from Target), baskets holding her clothes (not free or on sale, but so cute!), laundry hamper $1, diaper bag - gift from Aunt Bek.

I already had the white shelves, pictures $5 for both, curtains I already had, curtain rod -Target gift card from the Fures for Mother's Day, crib and bedding (Dad and Mom and Craig's List), bumper Craig's List on sale, bedskirt free, mobile $3, blankets were gifts, rocking chair was my mom's when Nancy was born, carpet squares we had in the shed to cover the red carpet, and the rug was another gift.

pink lamp $3, bookcase I had but got that cheap a few years ago and got the yellow color idea for the walls from it and then updated the paint - so far it's just holding her hats and the lamp, but I'm sure she will accumulate stuff since she already has so much!

Another overall picture from the door
I have been so focused on Ava's room that yesterday we went to some garage sales, and Jack racked up with a horse for $10, a little white chair that sits with ours on the deck, and a Veggie Tales DVD. He said, "So is the white chair for Ava's room?" I said, "No, I think this chair should be for Jack." So that made him pretty excited. The horse's name is Bullseye at Daddy's suggestion. He had seen one at TJ Maxx the other day and pulled it around the store while we were shopping, and that was $25. This one is a lot nicer and much cheaper!

No comments: