Monday, March 22, 2010

Notes about Jack at Age 3

Lately I have frequently thought, "I should write that down, or I will forget it." So here we go.

He calls knives "sharps." He got frustrated today. He says, "UGH!" a lot (like me). Then he said, "The sharp fell on me, and I'm sick of it." He had dropped the butter knife and got butter on him. He doesn't like to be messy.

His bottom is his "body".

He speaks backwards sometimes. Carseat is seatcar. I don't know what that means, but I'm not worried about it at this point.

Everything costs forty dollars. Every piece of paper is forty dollars. Every coin is a penny. Everytime it is time to do something, it's forty o'clock. Eleventeen is his favorite number.

He says things that make no sense like, "I'm gonna go to sleep, but I'm not gonna go to sleep."

Today he said, "Oh no, the baby's on the floor. I gotta pick her up and put her back in my tummy so she doesn't get away."

Every day when he wakes up and I say, "Guess what we're going to do today?" He says, "UM, go to church?" Church is his favorite. He loves to wear ties and bring his Bible. Then McDonalds is usually in the guesses after that along with seeing one of our family members or Lexi and Levi.

He likes to help clean and get wet and fill up his little cups with water and pour it from one to the other.

He loves fruit, almost every variety, and is more of a carb person. I don't get too worried about him since he has variety and is very healthy.

He's pretty organized and knows how to clean up his room and where things go when he puts them away (with a little prodding).

He is almost completely potty trained. Still working on some nights. He did pick up on it quickly, and I'm grateful!

When he says something we don't understand, he just says it louder.

Whenever we go somewhere, it's not long before he wants to go home to his toys and movies. It must be his comfort zone and probably feels more independent at home.

He is very aware of schedules and likes to be in charge of them. He says, "I think it's time to...." Or "Should we go?" Or "So you're fixing supper, so maybe we should eat soon." "So you had a good day today?"

Every time we leave somewhere, he says, "That was fun at.... or seeing....."

Or "Mommy" a thousand times, then finally, "What, Jack?" A long pause, and then "What you doin'?"

If you sneeze in the other room, "You okay, Mommy?" So then if he falls, he just yells out, "I'm okay!" Very helpful and informative!

Anytime he recognizes a place we go, he says, "Hey! We been there long time!" I think it means we've been here before.

We're very thankful for the opportunity God gives us to impact a little life. I pray all of the time, "Don't let me mess it up!"

No comments: