Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Finally Sunshine!

We saw it! It was here! Sunday was a beautiful day! And thanks to the rain the week before, most of the snow had melted; and we sat outside all afternoon. Jack rode bikes for the first time in months; and we were able to walk to church. Even though today is rainy, it will be sunny again tomorrow, and I'm just hoping that spring is on its way. I'm ignoring the weather report for Saturday the first day of spring that says snow!

So Matt's birthday is Sunday. We're getting old. I can say that since I'm older....just a little. So we're excited for that. And I am in the 22nd week of my pregnancy, so I am finally past the halfway mark and almost to 5 months along. I'm not feeling the nausea - yay, glad that's over. I do tire easily and sometimes have pain when I walk, so not sure if the baby is sitting on a nerve or what. Oh well - it's not every day, so that helps. So far, I can still get down and clean the floor. But I think pedicures are finally needed! I get pedicures when I can't reach my toes anymore. So that should be fun, and all kinds of friends have volunteered to do them with me, so even better!

It's been so nice to just spend some time at home with Jack. I really love the time we have together and am so grateful for the opportutunity to stay home with him. I just think what if I had worked all of this time, and someone else benefited from all of the growing and learning he goes through. I would never get it back. It is a priceless gift to be home with him, and I'm looking forward to doing it with the next one. I have many people who volunteer to watch him so I can have personal time, and I do appreciate that; but I really just love being with him and feel that it's such a gift. Yes, there are sometimes that I need a break, but it is rare; and Matt always seems to sense when that is and is such a blessing as a husband. He is a rare find. So I'm grateful today for my two guys and the little girl on the way. What a blessing family is!

No comments: