Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday and 7th Anniversary!

Seven years ago today, I married Matt. Best decision ever! Nearly every day, the thought pops into my head, "Good thing I married him. He is clearly the man for me." And it is usually in reference to different things I'm dealing with each day.

He is a quiet person, so is a good listener. But he will also give his opinion readily when I ask, and it isn't always the same as mine. So I appreciate that. (But also nice that it usually is!) He's a good gage for me and my emotions since he is so stable.

He's good with money but still likes to take me out. He is a great date!

He loves God, the ministry, and people (especially me and Jack!) He is content to just be with us (and to golf occasionally). He is a great preacher and spiritual leader for us. He has integrity and is loyal and kind.

The greatest gift he has given me in regard to our children is in his support of my staying home with them. When we got married, I never really thought about it since I'm such a goer. But after talking about it together (and 2 layoffs), we decided it was the right thing for us to do. And what a gift it has been. Time with your children in these critical years is so priceless and irreplacable.

So yesterday we celebrated Matt's birthday and had a great time. We were able to spend time with family over the weekend. What a blessing that has been! We love being near them. Sometimes you just need your family. So tonight we will celebrate our anniversary, and Jack gets to stay with Grandpa and Grandma, so he will have a great time, too! Thanks to them for doing that.

No comments: