Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and more...

We had a great thanksgiving weekend with the family! I'm so thankful for my family! It's always been such a special time for us, and I would probably cry if I had to miss it. Matt worked through his sickness and is doing better now. We had a good Black Friday shopping experience and got a jump start on Christmas so that was fun. We are lowkey Black Friday shoppers. This year Heidi joined me and Bek as we headed out around 5 to the Mall of America. It's nice there. We don't have to stand in the cold but still get in on some deals. And I have to say that even though I'm not a coffee drinker (one of the last in the family), the sea salt caramel mocha from Caribou was delicious!

The kids are learning how to push each other's buttons so that is not always fun to deal with. And getting up for school after time off is tough! But I still want to record everything Ava says, and I still love hearing Jack's chatter.

We decorated for Christmas, and the kids were so excited about it. It was a blessing to hear Jack say, "This is nice, but it's not what Christmas is about. It's about Jesus." Yes, he got that from a book we read and maybe from school, too, but what a blessing to hear your children talk that way! It also made it fun since Matt and I were so tired from the weekend. Pictures will come soon! On a lighter note, Jack was talking Matt's ear off, and Matt finally said, "Jack, can you just stop talking?" Jack said, "I can't help it. God made me that way." And then, "I'm supposed to help people." I don't know if that means he thinks his talking is helping or what, but it gave us a laugh.

Last week we also went downtown for the 8th floor of Macy's display. It's the same every year, but we just keep going and still have a good time. We also love the bakery and toy shop!

Thanksgiving was early this year and that gives us plenty of time to enjoy the holiday season without being too rushed. We are looking forward to all the goodies involved in the next few weeks!

No comments: