Monday, August 22, 2011

I heard a song today that I haven't heard in years. An old old one called "I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA". I liked it when Matt and I were dating. My favorite part is

Skip ti de doo dah, Thank you, Lord, for making him for me.
And thank you for letting life turn out the way I always thought it could be.
There once was a time I could not imagine how it would feel to say,
I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA.

I used to always tear up at that part because I'm so grateful to God for allowing me to meet Matt and have this life that we have. And now I could look in my backseat at two little blondes, one's almost asleep and one just smiling at me, and of course I teared up again! Life is good, and I hope there's many more years of the same for us.

No comments: