Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just Jack

Matt was driving to the game the other night with Jack, and I was coming later. Jack said, "Are we gonna see Mommy?" Matt said, "Yes, she is coming in a little while. Do you love Mommy?" Jack: "Yes yes yes yes yes." Matt: "Does she love you?" Jack: "Yes, but I'm not a very special boy." WHAT?!? He has said something like this before in which he has said, "Well, mommy, I'm not a superhero. I'm just Jack." I don't really know where that came from, so I have been trying to tell him the past few days that he is my special boy. So last night, we laid down in my bed for a while and talked about our day and I told him that he was special and my favorite boy, and he said that I was a special girl, too! HA! I don't think anything else in life is as important or as special as this time being at home with him. I'm very grateful for it and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's a good reminder when I'm running out the door and impatiently waiting for him to get the right toy or shoes on, too!

No comments: