Friday, July 17, 2015

New ride

We got a new car!  I have learned that although I am a shopper, that skill does not extend to car shopping.  It is stressful!  Other than color choices, I didn't have much input.  But we have known for a while now that we needed a car with all wheel drive for the winters and also one that is good on mileage.  This is a Honda HRV, their new, smallest SUV.  It's definitely a step up from the Sonic as far as space and in many ways.  So it's nice to have a little more space and to have all of the fun things they put on new cars.  Heated seats!  And you don't even need a key!  Also with the space in the back, I didn't have to load the kids' area with groceries when I stocked up.  They all fit back there!  And the best part...the smell!  
So we celebrated with lunch at one of our favorite places and immediately went to Menards to find something to haul in it!  I've missed being able to do that.  We've had it about a week now and have hauled wood for a project, a barn door, and of course, groceries.  So it's broken in and once I got past my nervousness of driving something new - I am not a confident driver - I can feel it really growing on me.  I loved our little Sonic, my pretend Florida car, and it's been a fun, little car for us; but the reality is, we are in Minnesota and need something a little more hearty.  And it doesn't look that different from the Sonic.  It still fits in our tiny garage!  Most people haven't even realized we got a new car until we told them.  Ha!  I'm just glad the process is over, and we can get back to our normal lives.  :)


No comments: