Wednesday, September 17, 2014

School update

I love the online program for A Beka Academy. I still miss actual school, but this is a good alternative, and the quality of education is great!  And as the kids get older, I just want their education to get better and better as opposed to my trying to figure it out each year.  And it allows me time to get other things done.  Jack's teacher's name is Mrs. Chappell, and we all love her.  If we are on a break, Ava says, "Can we tuwn on Mrs. Chappell?"  I said, "Do you like Mrs. Chappell?"  She said, "I yuv huw." And even I am fascinated by how she doesn't seem to take a breath but keeps it all moving.   Even if (when) we (hypothetically speaking) may be a little cranky in the morning, by the end of the first class, we are all back in good humor.  Today when I asked him his favorite subject - it changes - he said Bible because there are all kinds of stories.  I ask them one thing they are thankful for and one prayer request in the morning, and Ava's request every day has been that "God would keep me safe and fwom getting huwt."  I didn't realize she worried about this so much.  After a particularly traumatic day with the brush, she prayed that "mommy wouldn't huwt me with the bwush."  So we bought a new brush that is softer on her head, and she is happy now.  Sigh. Mommy guilt!  Jack is usually cranky about starting and has to be pressed to come up with something, so I am thinking about saving this exercise until lunch when they're excited and happy.  It might help to start Mrs. Chappell as soon as possible!

I wouldn't say we are exactly artistic as a family, but I'm glad they both enjoy projects.  Here are a few things they have done.  
Ava's area is mostly toy-related.  She also loves her "popo" post it's as you can tell. 
Here is Mrs. Chappell. 

No comments: