Wednesday, August 27, 2014

First Day of School

This year we enrolled Jack in A Beka Academy, and he has his lessons online with a teacher and classmates, and I am the helper.  Yesterday was our first day and I thought it would be full of bumps, but it went very smoothly!  I wanted to start on the same day as my mom so we can stay pretty close to her schedule.  So our school room has undergone a couple of new things.  We bought some chalkboard adhesive paper and made a larger chalkboard and I moved my desk so I can control and watch the lessons as well and we got a TV to project it onto so Jack can pay better attention.  It helps!  So our school room is evolving!  I feel we've come a long way since last year when we started out in the kitchen at our other house.  



Ready for masterpieces!





Have to have a party!  This was our celebrate summer party last week.  I asked what their favorite parts of the summer were.  Jack said the Wow Zone and Ava said the watow powk.  (Water park).  Of course, we had just done those things last week so that's what was on their mind.  But we did have a great summer.  I'm not really ready to say it's over quite yet.  I loved our trip to Colorado I think the best.  What an opportunity to see so many things (and family), and I like that we drove and were able to stop along the way and see some amazing sites like Mount Rushmore.  I'm sad to say good bye to it.  I'm not ready for the weather to change quite yet and I know now that we've started school, it goes and goes and goes until May.  But it was fun getting ready for it to start, and I'm very excited about the opportunity for Jack to have a great 2nd grade year!  
Somebody was motivated to stay up and read all night after the first day of school. It lasted about 15 minutes I think.  

No comments: