Friday, January 3, 2014

Ava Update

Ava is in my favorite stage for kids.  Of course, since she's my favorite girl, I will always enjoy her stages.  But I especially love the ages 3-5 and always have.  She sings all of the time, and I never get tired of it.  I just soak it in every time.  She sings when Jack is preoccupied and won't play with her or even while they're watching a movie that she's not that interested in.   She sings at the table when she starts to lose interest in eating.  She sings with me when I'm holding her or lets me sing to her.  She sings on the potty.  She sings in the car, in the store, anywhere.  Lately she has enjoyed belting out "The wise man and foolish man" at Walmart.  I just let her.  I think I will miss her not being able to say her "R"s when she finally learns how.  She just learned all of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stow" and "Jesus Loves Me", so those are two more new favorites.     
She is also talking more, and I love hearing her little voice try to get big kid thoughts across.  She started saying, "I'm vewy hungwy.  My tummy huwts" when it's mealtime.  I've noticed both kids say "Mommy..." with a pause a lot and then a random thought like "Are you wet?" when I get out of the shower.  l hope they always want to talk.  She likes to talk to me, and she likes to shop!  It's fun to have a buddy since Jack likes to opt out and stay home if he can.  She's a great hugger.  She falls apart pretty easily if things don't go her way.  Just like her father ha!  But she is always comforted by a hug.  She gets pretty distraught when she gets in trouble.  She needs hugs right away or it escalates into hysterics.  This can be challenging sometimes in teaching the lesson.  But overall, she is a delight, and I'm delighted to have her in our family.  
I just wanted to write it all down.  Time with little ones goes so quickly!  I know I will always be grateful I am able to be home with them.  I have quality time and quantity time.  I hope I am a good steward of this opportunity God has given me.  
On the cat tower at my parents 
Smiley face!  She's not the best with smiling for the camera on cue so this is what you get.  And it's still pretty cute!

No comments: