Monday, March 5, 2012

Saved!

We are thrilled that Jack accepted Christ as his Savior last night before church. We were having communion, and he was asking about it. He has been asking lots of questions lately so we were hoping it might be coming. So last night after Matt explained it to him again, he said, "Well, can I do it right now?" That's the first time he's ever said that, so Matt said "sure" right away. I'm thankful for a husband who thought that was more important than anything else going on right then.

We are excited to be Jack's parents and are looking forward to seeing God use him in his life. It has been cute to hear him describe it to others. The first thing he said to me was, "I asked Jesus in my heart." In telling others he said, "I saved myself." So I corrected him and told him to say that he asked Jesus in his heart. Then he came up with, "l trust in Christ.". And this morning he woke up and said, "'member I believed God?". And a few minutes ago: "I'm so 'cited I'm a different creature!" Me too, and I 'membered! What an indescribable thrill as a parent!

Here is a picture of Jack shortly after he made his decision.

No comments: