Saturday, December 3, 2011

DIY

I took on a couple of house projects this week that I had seen on tv. And I'm pretty happy with them. I haven't updated the blog with pictures from my phone before, so hopefully it's not too confusing to see what I'm talking about.

I had an old window I had bought at a garage sale for $4 that I didn't know what to do with. I saw this on a show on Friday and decided to do it. Just covered the back with burlap and hung it up and put my wreath on it. Now I need a table to go underneath it! I like this because it's a large piece of art on the wall. With art being so expensive, this is a good way to get around that and is maybe a little more interesting.

Here's a quilt hanger I found at goodwill and painted for Ava's room. This quilt was my inspiration for her room, and I've always wanted to display it.

We took the doors off the main upper cabinets and put fabric behind the shelves. I just cut up a table cloth that I had and used spray adhesive to attach it. But it really brightened up the space. Even though the kitchen is painted a bright green, it still tends to be on the dark side with the cabinets. So this helps draw the eye up and focus on the brightness. I also think its a nice contrast to dark wood.

Here are some random pictures of the house. Everything's a work in progress always evolving. I like to think of it as my playground. It is fun!

No comments: