Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We had a crazy busy week last week. Lots of church stuff on top of the regular schedule, so it got kind of crazy. This week is our slow down week with last night being the first time at home in a while. I went to the mall yesterday and had a blast. I don't do that like I used to, but it's still just as fun!

I think we are caught up on Christmas shopping - just a couple of small things left! So that is a good feeling. Ava is almost 5 months old. She is using her hands so much more now which means look out if you're holding her. She will grab anything. She had her 4 month appointment last week and is perfect according to Dr. Sprenkle. She did a little better on the shots, but it's still heartbreaking. As I was signing the consent form, I felt like such a traitor. Yes, honey, I gave them permission to hurt you! UGH! But I guess it's better than getting a terrible disease. I must keep things in perspective.

Jack is loving the snow. He has been able to play in it a few times and loves it. We have enjoyed having the Balls back home downstairs, so he has been able to play with them, too. Kind of nice in the winter especially to have playmates! He is in a superhero phase. I don't really get it, but it's kind of cute. Daddy's still his favorite playground. He's getting ready for his Christmas program and has a speaking part this year, so we'll see how that goes! It's exciting to see how much he can memorize. I'm really looking forward to his opening presents this year. It will be fun to watch him.

So the next thing is to get the Christmas cards out! I will be working on that this week. I usually have them done by now, but there really hasn't been much time. So here we go!

No comments: