Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

Do you have any resolutions? Heidi asked me that a few weeks ago, and mine's always the same - lose weight! But after thinking about it a little bit, I like the verse, "Let your moderation be known unto all men, the Lord is at hand." I thought that would be a good verse to live by this year. If we live in remembrance of Christ's return every day, the things that are important to us might be different. And that affects many areas of our lives. But it's a good goal!

What a great Christmas! We had the best time with our families and at church. Good food and good fellowship - can't beat it! Jack racked up with so many nice things and his birthday is coming, so it might be about time to clean out that toy box again since it is piled pretty high. Time to get rid of old stuff and make room for the new, right? I've done the same thing with myself, and Matt has, too. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks since we have a few birthdays and then I'm heading to Colorado with Ava. I can't wait to see Chris and Alicia and the kids and for them to meet Ava in person. It's been fun skyping a few times with them. And now we can do that at home since we got a web cam for Christmas.

Check out my brother's new book Morning Manna by R. Chris Hanks. Lifeway is carrying it, and you can order it online. It is a devotional that will be a blessing to you! Chris and Alicia are so talented and can do anything. They make candles, too. Their candles are in high demand and are sold in stores all over Colorado. They are called Mountain Lights, so check them out, too! I think you can order them online. So that's my commercial for them - go buy a book and a candle! I can't imagine anyone paying me to write! OR make candles! WOW!

No comments: