Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I haven't written in a while. We have been busy, but also haven't had much to write about, I guess. So we are getting close to the holidays though - very exciting! We started some shopping yesterday and actually put a good dent in our list! I am looking forward to Black Friday. I don't do the 4 in the morning thing, but I do like to go a little later when it is less crazy. Our secret is the Mall of America. So far, it's the best kept secret. Everyone is out at Walmart or everywhere else. So Rebekah and I are headed there!

We are all adjusting I think finally to Matt's schedule and having another child. And it helps that Ava is past a lot of the newborn stuff such as waking us up in the middle of the night. She is a good sleeper and a good eater, so that is a huge help! Ava will be 4 months old this Friday already! And I remember Jack rolled over at 4 months, so we will be beginning some milestones soon, I think.

So we are headed into a busy weekend with church stuff. Friday and Saturday are packed with fun things to do! We were out of town filling in at a church in Rochester this past week, and we missed our church. There's no place like home! It's nice to be part of a church that makes us feel at home and embraces us.

Jack is getting closer to being 4 and is getting to be very grown up. We can't talk about his Christmas presents this year in front of him. He's too alert and picks up on it quickly.

It seems like this holiday season is already going by quickly! I think it helped that the weather has been so mild up until now - 12 inches this past weekend! Crazy. So anyway, I have listened to some Christmas music and watched a couple of Christmas movies, but haven't gone too nuts yet. Haven't decorated yet. I'm a little in denial with the snow and am still hoping for a bit more of fall. I would enjoy even the 40s for a while. But I think this is kind of it and that winter is coming! The snow sure is beautiful though, and Jack and Matt built the bottom roll of a snowman so far!

No comments: