Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's almost here! In thinking about this time of year, I would like to say that I'm thankful for my relationship with God more than anything in my life! Without it, my life would be impossible to live successfully. And He has given me the desires of my heart in my family and in our ministry. I am completely content with our life.

I'm so thankful to be married to the man God created for me. Matt is truly the leader of our home and has wisdom and kindness. He is a great father, and I'm thankful to be a mom to my two favorite children! I'm thankful Matt is supportive of my staying home with them through these formative years.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have one of each. Jack is so much like me in so many ways; and so far, it seems that Ava has Matt's calm personality. Until you make her mad with not getting a bottle in her mouth fast enough!

I'm thankful for our church. From the first time we visited, we never wanted to go anywhere else. God might have other plans at some point in our lives, but I always feel that there's no place like Berean! The people are amazing and have just taken us in and loved and encouraged us.

I'm thankful for our families and that we live near most of them. I wish the rest were closer, but I'm still thankful for the times we have had together.

I'm thankful for amazing friends who love and encourage me.

I'm thankful for God's provision. This year I'm not babysitting, and there wasn't any leftover for Christmas, and God has provided in a way that is unbelievable! I could never have worked it out this way on my own.

I'm sure I will have more to add to the list, but these are off the top of my head. Looking forward to next week to sit down with family and be properly thankful in front of the turkey!

No comments: