Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tribute to the State Fair

This tribute is dedicated to Jana and Jill who have threatened me against saying anything about the fair since it will throw them into great depression since they can't be here. But I can't resist. So here you go, girls!
Entrance
The big slide
Here you go, Jana! These two are for you! I'm so mean, aren't I? Sorry!
Matt and his footlong corn dog
A cone from the dairy building - YUM!
The bus ride home - why are we so hyper? Oh yeah, cookies!!!! That's usually the last thing we eat. Oh and because of the heat I wanted to make sure he had plenty to drink which led to not one, not two, but three times wetting on us. ON US! like with puddles! WOW - guess I overdid it on the drinks. So this bus ride was one of the times. It happened after this picture was taken or I may not have been smiling! It made for a long bus ride.
This is my favorite new thing they do now. I guess it started last year, but I just saw it this year. You can get your picture taken with a baby animal. Well, Jack freaked out a little when the baby duck scampered across his leg, but I thought that made it even funnier. I think we're gonna have to get this boy a dog. (Sigh for Buddy!) So here is his picture on a stick.
So I am an avid fair person. I like to go with a lot of different people. That way I get to see a lot more things than I would normally since I do not have a long attention span. I haven't been able to go with my dad though and am bummed that I won't get to hear him say, "Holy cow! Look at that cow!" HA He says that he did that for our benefit when we were younger; but he still does it, so I don't think he can blame it on us anymore. He really loves the animals, and now I do, too. Matt isn't as thrilled about them because of the smell, but he endures it for me. AHH LOVE!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can almost taste the corn dog! I am soooo homesick right now. I seriously thought about how I could make it work to come home for the weekend! Can't make it work , though. *Tear, tear* I LOVE the picture on a stick! I have never seen that before- and that pic of Jack is so funny!