Wednesday, August 6, 2008

House for Sale! and other jottings...

Not much to report except that we are trying to sell our house. Our renters have moved; we had a garage sale to try to get rid of things, and we now are about set to have an open house this weekend. Other than that, we are busy with church; and I started babysitting again. It works out really well, and he's such a good little guy! So God is taking care of us, and we are looking forward to letting Him handle the house situation.

Looking forward to the Great Minnesota Get-Together, the Minnesota State Fair, which is a big excitement for us! I could do without the calories, but not the atmosphere! It always reminds me of being a kid and going with my family every year, and Dad making us stand forever at the all you can drink milk for 10 cents and really make us drink all that we could drink! I remember thinking "I don't want anymore", and him saying "KEEP DRINKING!" Having 4 kids at the fair made him economical, I guess. We went on Labor Day every year and went early and stayed late. Another economical part - get your money's worth, right? It is a nostalgic place for me. So two weeks from Friday, that's where we'll be; and maybe we will run into some of you!

I guess I had a little more to say than I thought. Since Jack gets most of the attention on this blog - what's that all about? - I thought I would throw my two cents in about other things going on with us. He will get more attention on here soon since we caught him in my makeup the other day! Matt's scared! But that's for another time. Hope you are all doing well. I have had a few people tell me that they would keep in touch with me better if I were on Facebook which I thought was funny. Maybe it would make me more interesting! HA - but we are just still old-fashioned and just blogging! It took us long enough to start this, so I don't think we'll be doing anything else for a while! But feel free to comment or email. We do check!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Okay...Facebook is the way to go Shannon! Blogging is still fun, but FB can't be beat for staying in touch.

I thought your story about the all-you-can-drink milk was hilarious. I can just imagine your dad making you drink so much! I am soooo jealous about you going to the fair, but it's a Christian jealous (if there is such a thing!). :)

Krista said...

I will be praying...we have "been there, done that"...totally get it!