Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Holiday Happenings

Happy 2017! We had the best Christmas break ever I think! Lots of family time, farm time, and we even were snowed in for some of it! Which was kind of nice! I must have needed a break because I really enjoyed hanging around the house and resting.  Here's some things we have been up to.  
The kids Christmas program - They both sang some songs with their classes, and Ava even had a line.  They did a good job, and our families drove down to see them.  That meant a lot.  

The kitchen updated with open cabinets. 
Christmas presents!

















My presents - a new (to me) sectional with a new slipcover and shelves that Matt built for me.  The living room parlor is coming along! Very nice to have all of this seating for us and guests.  We had 17 people in our house  for a game night on New Year's Eve, and it was comfortable and not crowded.  That's how I envision using this house.  I didn't get any pictures of that night or of Christmas with our families, but it's sometimes nice to just enjoy that time together.  The kids got lots of Legos and books and other fun things.  We got gift cards and best of all, enjoyed the family time.  And of course, had fun shopping later! So here we are heading into winter and school again.  Time to think about Florida!😃 It's coming!


No comments: