Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas in the City

I like traditions and this one started with my family when I was a little girl.  I remember driving to Dayton's then and pressing my face against the car window to see to the top of the IDS Center while we drove right by it.  When I moved back home and was able to work in that building, it was special.  And I made even more memories as an adult with Matt working, dating, getting married and now with our kids, the traditions are even more special.  They are at a great age and really loved it all. And now there are new things to do!  The holidazzle parade has changed to holidazzle village and market.  We enjoyed it even though there are mixed reviews.  The village part was free and that was pretty fun.  There was an outdoor play of "The Velveteen Rabbit" - so cute!  Jack went ice skating for the first time and fell a lot but loved it.  There were carolers and reindeer.  I took Ava into the market shopping area which they charged for (didn't really understand that part) and we didn't buy anything, but she wanted to ride the carousel.  But all in all, we had a great day, the weather was good, and I got my Christmasy tradition fix!

















Last treats we are making!

No comments: