Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Projects

Well anytime my family comes, I get motivated to do a project.  And when I say project, I mean that I come up with the idea, and Matt does it for me.  An ideal husband who hasn't complained...yet!  It started with our Christmas list.  He asked what was on mine, and mine is usually kind of like a honey do list.  Since I feel badly askng him to do some of the things, I frame it in the way of my Christmas present.  So one thing that was on it was sanding our table.  He did that, and we put liming wax on it, and it became this bleached wood look that we are liking!  Then I decided I wanted a mantel over the TV which led to wanting a fireplace in the living room.  I thought about moving our wall fireplace in our bedroom to the living room, but that didn't fit along with our TV, so then I saw these tv stand fireplaces and decided that would be the best solution.  Last week, I sold anything that wasn't nailed down and on Monday, I got my fireplace!  In the meantime, Matt built me a mantel.  It is hanging up but we aren't done with it yet.  It needs a little distressing and staining.  And he also built me a shelf table for behind our couch.  I love love love it!  A place for my lamps that keep getting knocked off the front table.  So now that all of that is done, I get to play around with decorating the new spaces.  I'm a little giddy!  And it's not even Christmas yet!  Yes there's more on my list.  Hopefully you'll see all of our trim painted white at some point!  



No comments: