Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mount Rushmore

I had seen it when I was a kid a couple of times but it was more beautiful than I remembered.  We saw the lighting ceremony the first night since we got there right at 9pm.  And then we went back the next day to really see it and to go to the museum and yes, to make the hike around the bottom of it.  Lots of stairs!  We ate at the cafe and you could see the faces from inside.  Very beautiful!  We also had Thomas Jefferson's vanilla ice cream, and it was delicious!  Then we went to Rushmore cave and my legs still hurt from all of those stairs as well!  But it was great and I'm glad the kids were exposed to all of it.  Then they were able to "mine" for jewels and got some pretty rocks out of it.  And then we shopped and ate treats in Keystone at the base of Mount Rushmore.  We were pretty exhausted by the end of the day.  Well, I was!  The kids went swimming.  Ha!





















No comments: