Thursday, December 12, 2013

This Week at the Fure House Project

This week we are working on our bedroom.  Well the men are.  I feel pretty useless when that is all going on.  My work comes after their work.  The ceiling was sheetrocked, the floor got carpet, the walls got painted, and tomorrow the wall will be finished where we tore the other one out.  And then after finishing painting the ceiling, we can move back in!  The kids have had fun sliding and jumping on the mattress out in the living room.  And it's been sort of fun camping out, but I will be ready to get it all back in order.  I blame my mom for making me an organized person, and I get nervous when things are not in place.  Love you, Mom!  

So after this big week, the only major thing left upstairs is the flooring in the kitchen and bath.  Woohoo!  I was hoping to have the upstairs done by Christmas, and we are close.  

School is going well.  We are still plugging along although we have had to adapt a little bit with the housework schedule.  Jack resists at first; but once resigned to my plan, he can be a hard worker and seems to be doing well.  Aren't we all like that with God?  We are finishing up week 12 this week.  We are studying the 8 family in math with addition and subtraction along with learning time and measurements.  I notice he is doing his combinations in his head now instead of using his fingers.  In phonics or language, we are learning root words and suffixes, syllables, and just started the 3rd reading book called Stepping Stones.  I actually remember this book from when I went to school.  I like that!  The other day he said, "Did you know there is a sign in the downstairs boys bathroom at church that says, 'Pray without kissing'?"  I had to teach him that "c" sometimes sounds like "s".  Ha. 

We are getting ready for the Christmas program with the kids at church, and they are doing great.  More on that in a couple of weeks!


No comments: