Thursday, July 11, 2013

Settled!

Ava said out of the blue the other day, "My yike dis new house!"  We all are feeling that way and are settling in quite nicely.  Someone told me when we were coming down here to look at houses that Fairmont is a nice place to be in the summer, and I have to say I totally agree!  It's beautiful!  I'm just sorry that it got started a little late this year.  I love the farms.  They are so beautiful, and we have a corn field across the street from our house.  So it's been fun to watch it grow.  There was nothing visible when we were here in May, and now it's getting tall!  You can almost watch it grow.  

We have been to all of the recommended restaurants I think.  My favorite is probably the Mexican one.  That doesn't mean the food at the other places isn't as good; I just have a thing for Mexican food.  Which reminds me I started Weight Watchers again and usually try to lay off the Mexican places when I'm dieting.  So sad.  But I'm ready to do this!  God sent me a walking partner that lives across the street.  She about killed me today so maybe the Devil sent her.  Ha!  

We have had a steady stream of visitors already and are enjoying it so much.  So please plan a trip to Fairmont if you haven't yet!  So we are staying busy although it's a different type of busy.  There always seems to be something to do.  There is more to take care of at the house since it is larger, and the kids keep me busy as always.  And now we have added activities with church preparation. We love it!  Not that we expect things to be perfect, but God has been preparing us for this time at this place.  And it's good!  We are sad to be apart from family and friends, but those visits help!  And we are not too far away to go back every now and then.  

We have started to decorate Matt's office but it is not ready for viewing quite yet.  There will be pictures when it is!

Looking forward to heading home next week for Ava's 3rd birthday!  Wow!  Big girl - that's what she says anyway!

No comments: