Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy birthday, Ava Jane!

Two years ago at 8:19 am on this date, I heard Ava's voice for the first time. She cried while they cleaned her and weighed her and while they did all the stuff they do. She cried while they finished my surgery and when they took her to the nursery to wait for me. She cried while Matt held her and finally when I got to my room around 10:30, I could hold her and she instantly stopped crying and went to sleep. So we had a bond right away, and I'm so grateful God gave her to us! And I'm grateful Matt wanted Jack to have a sibling, or she might not be here! Ha! I can't believe she's 2! She is a reserved little girl until she knows you, and then she unreservedly loves you once she does know you.

She is saying so many words well now, but I love that flower is wowa.

She loves to take her shoes off and put everyone else's on. She is always walking around with Jack's on.

She loves babies, real or fake.

She pretty much loves doing whatever Jack is doing. Sometimes I have to remind her that she has her own toy box. I love how when I get her up and changed, she runs to Jack and they hug. They might not get along the rest of the day but they are always excited in the morning to see each other.

Some wonderful ladies in our church have given her a few gifts so we had a little cupcake party last night with the Elmo cupcakes one of them made. I was trying to get them in order but for some reason, they never insert right. Anyway, we are planning a family party tomorrow night so there will definitely be more pictures. I'm so excited about the (------)! Don't tell!

No comments: