Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blessingdale's

I am the new organizer for Blessingdale's, the store at the Metro Women's Center (a crisis pregnancy center in our area). I love the name! It's so much fun organizing and for such a good cause. The girls who come can earn points and shop in our store. We had the director of MWC at our church to present the work. It really moved me to do something so we had it presented to our moms group at church. And then I visited and helped out one day and anyway one thing led to another and now I'm volunteering there. So I went twice this week and the 2nd day I took the kids since they were closed at that time and I wasn't planning to be there very long. It is in a building with other tenants, so when Jack heard other people moving around outside the door, he came running to me and said Mommy there's people out there. I said I know. Other people work in the building. It's ok. He said oh so they're not coming to get us? No. So they're good guys? Yep. So they're not gonna kill us? I was forced to stop and talk about the difference between real life and movies. It was kind of funny though. A little overactive imagination!

No comments: