Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random

I haven't put any Jack-isms on for a while, so thought I would do a few while I'm thinking of them. If you're friends with me on facebook, I apologize for being redundant.

In devotions the other night, Matt was reading a new book to Jack and said that the Bible is a letter from God to boys and girls. Jack said: "To ME?" Matt said, "Yep!" and kept reading. Jack leaned over to me and whispered, "Mommy! The letter is to ME!"

A little further on the same devotion time - the word Jericho came up. Matt said, "Can you say Jericho?" Jack said, "Yep! Mommy, can you say Jechiro?"

Love that! And there are certain words I just don't really correct because I enjoy how he says them or makes them up. For example, he frequently uses the word, "Lasterday" like "we did that lasterday."

Since Jack likes to know our schedule, I will tell him in the morning what we are doing for the day. And now if we have down time, he will come to me and say, "Mommy, what should we do today? Should we do Legos, play swords, or little men?" I think it's cute to see inside a little boy's brain of planning his day. He wants to get the important things in!

We are hoping for a new baby in our house this week! And glad that it's not ours this time! Our downstairs neighbor Kristen is almost a week overdue, and we are all on pins and needles. Our church has had 5 new babies in the past few months, so that has been fun!

No comments: